16 August 2013

Trade My Heart


"I wish I could trade my heart for another liver so I could drink more and care less."—Tina Fey

Oh so true, Tina Fey. I think I'll start working on the "drink more part" tonight. Have a great weekend, everybody, and until next time here are a few links you might like.

Happy to see a piece in the New York Times about the buildings and locations in New York/New Jersey where silent films were made. Olive Thomas was even mentioned. Read it here.

I'm a little late hearing about this news but did you know that the two candidates running against each other for mayor of Paris are both women? Could New York be far behind? Find out more about them here.

Jovanotti was someone whom I first listened to when living in Italy and decided to revisit some of his songs this morning. Take a listen here.

And speaking of Italy, when it comes to Italian food I'm partial to dishes from Venice. I recently picked up Polpo by the owner of the London restaurant and was happy to discover some great Venetian recipes. Check it out here.  

Finally, weekend plans include a Sunday trip to Film Forum to see the classic horror film The Tingler (1959) with Vincent Price shown in Percepto and Psychedel-O-Rama! Details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...