25 July 2013

Day 25: The Film That Makes You Want To Be a Filmmaker



Day 25 of the 31 day film challenge: The film that makes you want to be a filmmaker.

The first time I saw François Truffaut’s The 400 Blows (1959), I was completely mesmerized by the story of poor misunderstood Antoine Doinel. I had never seen a Truffaut film before, and I immediately decided that this brilliant man was one of my favourite directors. Instead of using gimmicks and convoluted plot lines he relied simply on telling a story that was both moving and true with real characters. Every time I see this film it inspires my creativity and makes me want to be a filmmaker. 

To find out more about the 31 Day Film Challenge, visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...