18 February 2013

Writer's Block


writer's block: a usually temporary condition in which a writer finds it impossible to proceed with the writing of a novel, play, or other work.

I don't know if what I've been feeling lately can be called writer's block but something has kept me from writing as much as I've wanted (not taking as many photos can be chalked up to the horrible temperatures we've been experiencing). I could say it's because I've been tired, which is true (I do have a full-time job) but I'm afraid it might be due more to my propensity to over think everything. Instead of just writing a quick post about an exhibit I've seen, I have to ponder it forever and then agonize over every word I choose. The truth is, I need to just get on with it and write and not worry about every post being perfect or profound (as if I've ever written one that was). I've written for a living before and had no choice then when to finish something because of deadlines I had to meet.

This week I'm going to attempt to catch up as it were and go through my list of things I've done/seen recently that are already over/closed and write some quick posts about them. Moving forward, I'm going to try my hardest to publish reviews right after I've seen something so you dear readers can attend if you find it interesting (save for one-time events, of course). And if they're not as long as ones I've written in the past, then so be it.

I first started this blog so I'd have a place to write about my love of old movies and history and about living in New York; basically, I wanted to write about things that I enjoy. I feel though like I could be doing much more. For example, while I'll write about a museum I've gone to, I rarely mention restaurants or shops in the city, something I could start doing more of. So don't be surprised if you start seeing a broadening of my posts about things to do in New York and other topics. See you back here shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...