27 February 2012

Bravo Jean


I've written before about how much I enjoyed The Artist and so was pleased to see it win five Oscars at the Academy Awards tonight especially Jean Dujardin's win for Best Actor. In addition to being charming and funny, he took time to thank Douglas Fairbanks, the dashing silent film star who inspired the character of George Valentin. He said, "Thank you to the academy. It's funny because in 1929 it wasn't Billy Crystal, but Douglas Fairbanks who hosted the first Oscar ceremony. Tickets cost five dollars and it lasted 15 minutes. Times have changed. So, thank you Douglas Fairbanks. Yes Melissa, your grandfather's spirit and joie de vivre inspired me for this role." I don't know about you readers, but I think I have a new movie star crush.

Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images North America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...